Information for Home Buyers
Buying a new home is an exciting time in one’s life. Making the smart move of choosing a REALTOR® is your first step to ensuring that your new Danville or Lewisburg, PA home meets your needs. Our real estate services and experience range from financial aid to helping you find the home that best suits you and your family. For your convenience, we also provide property listings by email. We pride ourselves on repeat business and hope you’ll come to understand why.
As the Buyers Agent We Will:
- Assure that you see all of the properties in the Danville and Lewisburg area that meet your criteria.
- Guide you through the entire home buying process, from finding homes to look at, to getting the best financing.
- Make sure you don’t pay too much for your new home and help you avoid costly mistakes.
- Answer all of your questions about the Danville / Lewisburg real estate market, including schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more.
Before You Start Looking For Your New Home:
- Check your credit rating. Straighten out any errors before it’s too late.
- Determine a comfortable monthly budget for your new purchase, including a down payment and your expected monthly payment.
- Find a loan program that meets your needs and get pre-qualified (preferably pre-approved).
- Choose a local REALTOR® that you trust and who understands your needs.
- Determine what neighborhood best matches your needs.
- Identify important features you need your new home to have.
Closing Costs to Expect:
- Escrow at the time of signing a sales offer.
- Lender Fees include charges for application, loan processing, appraisal, underwriting, and preparation.
- Insurance – home owners and title insurance.
- Home Inspections for the home, radon, and wood destroying organisms.
- Transfer Tax is currently 1% of the sale for the buyer.
If you would like more information about buying a home in the Danville / Lewisburg area, we can help. Contact Century 21 Mertz to get started today!